Primary School Sports Funding
Following the success of the 2012 London Olympic and Paralympic Games, the Government has made a commitment to school sport provision. As a result, ring fenced funding has been allocated to primary schools to improve the quality of the PE and sport activities that they offer their pupils. This is to allow all children to leave primary school physically literate and with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.
It is expected that schools will see an improvement against the following 5 key indicators:
- The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity
- The profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- Increased participation in competitive sport