Spiritual, Moral and Social and Cultural Education
At St Ann’s our vision statement is:
Together, we aim high; with God's love, we can fly.
"But those who trust in the Lord, they will find new strength, they will soar high on wings like eagles."
- Isaiah 40:31
The School Vision Statement, School Aims and motto underpin all aspects of our work in school including the delivery of high quality Spiritual, Moral Social and Cultural Education.
In delivering a high quality education in terms of developing the children spiritually,morally, socially and culturally, we are aiming to:-
- Achieve the best that we can in everything we do and learn as much as we can
- Respect others and ourselves and celebrate that we are all different and special in the family of St Ann’s
- Be proud of ourselves and enjoy the success of others
- Respect and care for God’s Creation
- Follow the examples of Jesus
- Understand how to be healthy and stay safe
- Be confident enough to explore possibilities and opportunities and not to be afraid to make mistakes
- Take an active part in all aspects of school life and to show good manners and kindness at all times
- Work in a well equipped, child centred learning environment with a committed and caring staff
- Work closely with our parents, governors, the local community and the church
Please see the schools SMSC policy and definitions for more detail and information on how we deliver this at St Ann’s
Please click on the SMSC Policy Statement