Definitions of SMSC
- Helping children to develop their own personal beliefs, values and faiths and foster an attitude of respect and tolerance towards others.
- Development of a healthy mind and body, the whole person and their beliefs with an awareness of their own personal needs and those of others.
- Beliefs and religious faiths.
- Awareness of the different choices that can be made/ accepting what others have chosen or believe in.
- Getting along, caring and sharing.
- Knowing right from wrong and consequences. Focussing on this with honesty and truth to make decisions in life.
- Show equal respect for all living things.
- Enabling children to recognise the need for caring, positive relationships and developing their ability to reflect on and take responsibility for their actions and words.
- To interact with others, be accepted and accept those around us.
- To have an understanding of acceptable behaviour/ expectations in a variety of situations.
- Understand rules of society, acceptable behaviours.
- Be part of a group, community, school or wider.
- Getting along with others.
- Having own views and respecting those of others.
- Offering opportunities and experiences they need to develop social skills and attitudes to take a positive role in society.
- Finding solutions to problems.
- Understanding, respecting and accepting beliefs and values of people from all over the world.
- Celebrating difference/ similarities of people, events or communities.
- Knowledge of the wider world, the multitude of choices and experiences out there.
- Visits different cultural organisations such as Theatre trips, Ballet, Opera and Museums.